Coping with the Personality Disordered Ex SpouseBy
Our guest, Emily Brown, is Director of Key Bridge Therapy & Mediation Center in Arlington, VA. (http://www.affairs-help.com/) works with couples, individuals, and families regarding the underlying issues in marriage, divorce, and betrayal. Battles over custody and related issues that are fueled by a personality disordered spouse can be the most frustrating of all wars. The judges regularly get conned by the personality disordered spouse who makes nice in front of the judge; the other spouse who is angry and upset appears to be the problem. Emily has worked with a number of these cases, trying to extricate the victimized spouse – and overcoming the frustration which many experience. Tough cases, but she likes the challenge.
Topics in this program include:
- Insight into personality disorder
- How to deal with a persistent blamer, and managing within the legal system
- How to help children when their parent is personality disordered
- Finding the help you need to cope
- The purpose of child custody evaluations with a personality disordered ex spouse.