Telling the Kids You’re Getting a DivorceBy
In this episode of Divorce Source Radio with Steve Peck, Dr. Joshua Ehrlich joins the program to discuss telling the kids your getting a divorce. Dr. Ehrlich has a sub-specialty in divorce-related consultation and treatment and has worked with high-conflict divorces for over 20 years and provides therapy, mediation, parent coordination, and custody evaluations.
Telling the kids can be one of the more painful processes of divorce, and rightly so. Children of all ages may have a problem coming to terms with the fact that their parents are divorcing and Dr. Ehrlich provides us with advice on how we can tell them in a way to minimize damage. (This program was recorded at TDE 2012.)
Topics in the program include:
- Is there a better age for a child to learn about divorce?
- At what point should you tell the kids about your divorce?
- What to say to the kids and the importance of having both parents present
- What not to say to your children
- How much does your child need to know?
- And much more
For more on Joshua Ehrlich, visit: http://www.joshuaehrlichphd.com