TV’s Divorce Court Celebrity Judge Lynn Toler with Thoughts on DivorceBy
Our guest, award winner and mentor, Judge Lynn Toler (http://judgelynn.com/toler_divorce_court/) is smart, talented and creative – and judge on one of television’s most successful courtroom drama series: DIVORCE COURT.
Judge Lynn Toler is a former municipal court judge who now hosts the nationally syndicated show, Divorce Court. She is also a bi-monthly contributor to News and Notes on NPR and became host of the prime time TV show Decision House in 2007. In 2006, Judge Lynn published her book, My Mother’s Rules: A Practical Guide to Becoming an Emotional Genius. Praised as an “awe-inspiring memoir” by Essence Magazine, it not only chronicles her life as a child raised in the shadow of her father’s mental illness but provides practical advice for anyone seeking more and better emotional control
Having completed more than two thousand episodes, on DIVORCE COURT, Judge Lynn Toler turns up the heat on court shows in this half-hour, relationship oriented series. Viewers experience the drama firsthand as husbands and wives square off in real-life courtroom battles. Judge Lynn shares her wisdom and insight of the legal process, how to have a much smarter divorce…..or even save your marriage. And, she speaks of her mission to gain awareness about teen violence.
Topics in this program include:
- How communicating better might help you avoid divorce
- What a judge can and cannot do
- The emotions of court; what to do to get a better resolution
- The inherent unfairness of no fault divorce
- The surprising truth about teen violence and what parents should be aware of Domestic violence – an explanation, coping and managing
- The limits of the legal system
- Intelligent mediation